Monday, December 16, 2013

Catching Up

I haven’t posted anything to this blog since we returned from our last trip so I thought it was time to catch up.

I had foot surgery a week after we returned so I’ve been pretty much housebound up until six days ago.  During that time I did a lot of reading, watching our entire DVD library and going through vacation pictures….thousands upon thousands of vacation pictures.  I created several photo albums on Shutterfly.  (Does that make me a virtual scrapbooker?)
Watching Despicable Me!


We’ve seen a few movies at the theaters….seems like it’s been a good year for movies: Gravity, Frozen, Captain Phillips and Catching Fire to name a few.  We have several more on our list to see this season (Book Thief, Hobbit (not with Mona), and we’re both eager to see American Hustle.

One of the great things about retirement is the opportunity to spend more time with our family…and especially our grandkids.  They've been over quite a bit over the past weeks, to play and to take care of the yard for us.  I even got to go sledding with Tyler yesterday!  That wouldn't have happened while we were working in St. Louis.
Tyler loves snow!


The game is getting serious!  :-)
We taught three of the grandkids how to play cards, specifically Spades, Rummy and Poker.  Not only is it fun, it’s also a way to pick up a little spare change!

Actually, it’s been good to spend all this time at home.  We’ve had lots of evenings with a fire and now there is beautiful snow out back for the perfect backdrop.  It’s also given us lots of time to set goals for 2014 and to make some travel plans. 

Wishing all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!   
    


P.S.  Here’s link to some of the photo books I’ve made.  You’ll quickly discover that I’m not artistic like Sheryl and Mona, but I try!



No comments:

Post a Comment